Wednesday, September 30, 2009

You Can Eat Lots of Fat and Lose Weight??

I will share one of my secrets to easily losing weight and maintaining a healthy one. I have a pretty HIGH FAT diet. OMG, I thought fat makes you FAT, you might say. Nope, not true. Plus consuming right types of fat can help you lose. Example, peanuts have fiber, fat, and protein in a combination that fulls you up, increases your metabolism and does not cause your levels of insulin to increase whatsoever. Insulin is a fat promoting/storing hormone and you must regulate the secretion of this hormone to lose weight. I use nuts to replace fat-making sweet snacks I might consume (even if they are made with healthy sweeteners). Nuts are a big part of my eating regimen and they fill me up often for hours so I cannot eat anything else. Most of the fats I consume are tree nuts. Pistachios, almonds, macadamia nuts and the like. Studies have shown that people who consume a lot of tree nuts actually have lower BMIs. Another study showed that people who consume flaxseed and flax oil for example actually had lower BMIs than those who did not.

Most people struggle to lose weight because they are consuming bad fats. These bad fats cause inflammation and insulin resistance which both lead to obesity. Also how we consume many fats can also play a role in whether they makes us pack on pounds or lose them. Many of us are using the wrong types of fats to prepare our food with. When you schedule a consultation with me or join my results driven and dynamic weight loss program, I will share what good fats you need to consume and what fats are suitable to use for cooking. Having both of that information will greatly help you achieve your weight loss goals. You can schedule a consultation and gain this information by clicking here, Weight Consultation

No comments:

Post a Comment