Sunday, January 3, 2010

Spicy Kale Avocado Salad

I love kale avocado salad! Kale is a very nutritious green. Kale is in the same family of green cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, collard greens, and brussell sprouts. Kale is one of the healthiest vegetables you can eat and one of the tastiest. Kale is rich source of vitamin A, K, C, B6, and the minerals copper, potassium, and manganese. The latest research shows that kale is more beneficial for your eyes than carrots as kale contain two potent antioxidants known as lutein and zeaxanthin that are beneficial for eye health and the prevention of eye disease. These anti-oxidants also improve your eyesight. So eat up some kale to improve vision! I know you will love this recipe. It really delicious and simple. This recipe as contains beneficial cayenne which you can get more information about here.

Spicy Kale Avocado Salad

1. Take one bunch of organic kale and separate the leaves from the stems. (Put the stems aside for juicing)
2. Wash the leaves well and cut them into small pieces, first lengthwise, then widthwise.
3. Add a 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan sea salt and 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Massage into the kale with your hands. This softens the leaves.
4. Add 1/2 a ripe avocado and massage the avocado into the kale and mix well.
5. Add the juice of 1/2 a lemon.
6. Add 1 freshly pressed or minced clove of garlic
6. Add one chopped organic tomato.
7. Mix it all together and serve.
8. Add 1/4 teaspoon of organic cayenne pepper (or more if you really want to spice it up)

Serve in a large plate and enjoy!

Schedule a consultation with me and receive the highest quality health information on the planet so you can be perfectly healthy! I have been a holistic health researcher for the past 8 years and my specialties include how to cure and prevent disease, nutrition, natural remedies, and holistic weight loss. I am also an Emotional Freedom Technique and this amazing, fast, and highly effective acupressure technique can be successfully resolve for any health, emotional, or physical issue on the planet. EFT works within minutes and works where nothing else does! Schedule your appointment today by clicking here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very great recipe Curtis. I especially appreciate the fact the fact that everything is raw. This adds so much more nutrition to the equation. This recipe is classic for yourself and mine. I believe that I have had something similiar to it on occasion. Thanks for reminding me of this unique taste and satisfying meal!! Keep up the great work. Be well.

Anonymous said...

This is a very great recipe Curtis. I especially appreciate the fact that everything is raw. This adds so much more nutrition to the equation. This recipe is classic for yourself and mine. I believe that I have had something similiar to it on occasion. Thanks for reminding me of this unique taste and satisfying meal!! Keep up the great work. Be well.

Janell said...

One of my favorite salads to make...looking at your pic makes me want some - guess I need to go to the grocer -

Brenda said...

That looks amazingly delicious! I love Kale and never really know what to do with it other than what my husband does, Brazilian style. Thanks so much for this recipe! :)

Post a Comment